Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Something Churchy!

Okay I think I need to be a little more religious... especially since my background is now all CTR and cute! :-)

I have a story to tell... It's a good one so read on!

So I was in church a few weeks ago. I was having a tough week, losing faith, feeling a little uncomfortable in my new ward. It was overall a tough few weeks.

I sat in a row just like any other for no real reason but that made all the difference. we had the pleasure of having a special musical number that week. I don't remember the song or the girls name but I remember seeing this scared young woman up on stage. So unsure about everything. She started singing this very high pitched song. She would get to the highest peaks and because of her lack in confidence she would lose her voice would crack. I noticed after wards she would smile and move on. after about 3 high cracked notes I noticed what was the cause for the smile. As she would approach her high note she would look into the croud where her father was sitting. She would look him in the eye and his unwavering attention would give her the confidence to keep going.

As the song went on I noticed two things. One, the girl started getting more and more confident and two, The kids sitting on the row with the father would try to break his attention, and he wouldn't budge.. he kept his eyes set on his daughter. Even when she was confident enough to not to need his gaze she still had his full attention. When she was unsure she only needed her fathers eyes and nod of encouragement and she could get through. By the end this girl was confident enough to make it through the high notes and the rest of the song.

At the risk of sounding like a sap... I think God put me in that pew for a reason. He knew I would see this and learn what I did. I learned that no matter if I have other people to look to for encouragement or not I will always have him. He is there with his undivided attention. I can always look for him in the crowd of life and he will be there, eyes set on me, ready to give me the smile and nod to get me through the high notes. He is there every day. In every thing I do. I know that no one in this world, no matter how much they love me will ever give me that kind of love. No one will always be ready to smile and nod at me in every struggle I have. I have the confidence to make it though my trials because Heavenly Father.

Here is a good song about the Love of a Father. Forever and Ever Amen

1 comment: