Monday, February 7, 2011

My song for this : Love the way you lie

In the world I live in and the people I associate with (especially the boys) I find truth so hard to come by. I’m not saying people always lie or that it’s their intention to deceive me but what I’m saying and I suppose it’s something I’m also guilty of… is .. why can’t people relay truth? Why can’t I find truth in a relationship. Its always games and hiding your true feelings. It’s always so difficult to be open with the person you love. Why can’t we just share our perceptions in terms of reality? Why, if I am in love, can I not just say “I love you” it’s the perception of how I feel so why is it so hard to say? Why is it so hard for us to say “I don’t see this going anywhere” It’s just your perception of reality. Are feeling that fragile that we have to live a life of games and reading hints and signs?

I don’t think married people realize how amazing they must have it to be able to come home at night and say I love you to the person you love and not have to worry about the reaction you will get. Is the difference between being married and single have to do with our ability to express openly our perceptions of reality?

Perhaps it is. Perhaps I would’t waist so much time with the wrong person because either they or I were too afraid to relay what we see. To be truthful.

I think this week is going to be my truth only week.. Not to say that I am a liar and am always lying but I am a little stingy on the truth at times in order to avoid uncomfortable situations. I think this week I will only relay my perceptions in terms of reality… I’ll Check back and let you know what I find.

I want to also add, in case anyone reads this for real, Brother Gallini’s class (Thur. Nights 7:30 at the institute building) is amazing. I get over institute quickly cause I have been attending for over 10 years now so I get bored with the same lessons over and over… (no offense to my amazing teachers of the past you guys really do rock!) but I’m finding Jared's class giving me new ways to look at things. It holds my interest so … I hope everyone can make it out to his class (single or married … under the age of 35) and see what I’m talking about!!!

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same about Jared's class. It's fantastic. I may avoid you for the next week though - I can't handle the truth. ;)

    ReplyDelete