Thursday, February 17, 2011

No SCRUBS!!!

There is the famous song by TLC called no scrubs... in case you have been under a rock or just need a refresher you can find it HERE


One of my best friends and I were sick of dudes, dating/ making out with/ liking ... etc, the wrongs.. We found it leads to heartache, frustrations, pain, frustrations ... wasted time.. frustrations... you get the point... So on one of are awesome insightful weekend visits (she lives in SA now so we don't get to hang all that much.. well compared to when we were roommates!) we decided it was time to make a list... and stick to it!!!

Here is our list
keep in mind this is just a foundation list we think every girl should demand from a guy... Being a Daughter of God we really don't think it's much to ask ... any additional personal requirements can be added later!

(we are hoping to turn it into a book someday ESP. For Mormon single chicks)

-Temple worthy (Preferably endowed or heading that way ... at the age around 30 the good guys tend to be)

-Motivated ( in career, fitness, church etc.. )

-Passionate (about anything at all... even if it's one thing... he needs to have at least one real passion) I think it's simple to say that if a guy hasn't found a passion in 30 years it's gonna be hard to get passionate about you... (not in the sex way but in the making you happy way)

-Unselfish ( a girl can tell this when making out or even just kissing... does he give or take?) if he puts you first its so much easier to put him first...

-This is a hard one... A guy that kisses you on the first date ... is too eager .. he wants your yumminess and hasn't put in the work yet. We aren't saying don't kiss back .. cause kissing is after all kinda fun!! wink wink... all we are saying is no more dates! STAY AWAY FROM THE EAGER BEAVERS!!! a relationship built on the physical will bring MANY MANY frustrations!!

Now on the flip side to that ... IF NO KISS AT ALL BY THE 5TH DATE!!! rrruuunnnn!!! I don't care if he is the biggest prude in the world if he doesn't kiss you by the 5th date (unless he has mono or a cold sore or something) Now if you have some thing about kissing not until engaged or something...well... that's your call ... I can tell you that both Erin and I agree that kissing a dude will tell you all you need to know about the physical aspect of your relationship so that's important!!


-He needs to also have done SOMETHING with his life!!... Worked (career type job) , served a mission, gone to school etc...

-He needs to know how to commit (enough said I think)

-He needs to not take the physical to a level where you are compromising your standards... if he is tempting you to do things that are against the standards of the church listen in the strength for youth (especially the 4th paragraph ... click see more)


There were other things but we can't remember them now... I'm not lecturing I just wanted to write these down before I forgot... and I figured if I made them public I may be held to them!!!

They aren't always easy to follow but we believe that buy following these general rules for looking for a husband then we will find a worthy mate... and by following these standards out self we will be worthy of that mate!!


Thats all I got and as always... feedback would be AWESOME!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love your "We aren't saying don't kiss back" comment. That made me laugh. And I must say, I'm kinda starting to agree your whole idea of "If he doesn't kiss you by the 5th date, he's just not that into you." I'm not saying there should be time limits placed on these things, but I'm thinking the relationship isn't going anywhere if it's not progressing by that point. Maybe I'm wrong, but yeah... just judging from personal experience. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea I agree... I haven't actually been there my problem usually resides within the first date (or before) side of the spectrum but I just really feel like kissing is important. it's an expression on intimacy and shouldn't be everything but still important.

    ReplyDelete