Sunday, February 20, 2011

I could of danced all night!

From my fair lady: I want you to watch this video first so you get the love in her eyes! Here

I just watched My Fair Lady! I LOVE this movie!! but it occurred to me how this whole situation (minus the happy ending) is so similar to how SOME men treat women. This woman is looking for something (much like a woman looking for a good man to love her) She wants to invest in her future by learning how to speak properly ( women want to find a husband to invest in their emotional future)

Then, she finds her man (so to speak) and she is taken in. she has a small since of security. Then after all the work she puts in (a short term when compared to the 5+ years some of us have invested) and then in the end she realizes that all the work was in vain and she meant nothing more to this man than a way to boost his ego and his self image. She learns that it was all for one thing... and while yes her reward was a better accent and the ability to be seen as normal in public. But, what she really wants is his love. He only wanted one thing and it's made clear after her purpose was served. Have we not all been in a similar situation?

I'm just saying... Why can't a man be more like a woman??

2 comments: