Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Closure

So in interior design class today W talked about different elements of design. One of the many is an element called "Closure" The Definition in design is "When something is missing but your eye will make it up"

Here is an image that represents what I'm talking about.



So see how you recognize the shape cause your eye fills in the blanks?

Okay so this got me thinking (anything to keep me entertained in the middle of a boring lecture) What is true closure? What is it that makes us finally connect those lines and close something off from the rest of our lives?

I'm not a closure kind of person. I would love to be but it's hard. I have seldom been able to connect those lines in my circles. I've tried many things...

-Think about all the bad stuff.
-come to grips on what I need to do.
-listen to all my friends advice.
-date other guys.
-destroy all evidence he ever existed in my life.
-write in my diary.

You name it I've done it. but yet... time after time I get my hopes up for a change this time... I Believe things are up... I bring back the DRAMA!!!! why why why??? How do you move on? In design your eye makes up the shape... So is there a way to get your heart to complete the relationship? To close it off for good?

Maybe there is no just one way maybe there is a thousand ways and you have to just try them all until one fits. Maybe every situation is different...

or maybe I have to just chill out...

Goodnight y'all

2 comments: