Friday, December 24, 2010

What I learned today!!

a little patience!

I am going to be very genneral here because I am trying not to make waves or breeth my sigh of relif too heavily and end up blowing the flame out. As Gods little Christmas gift to me he has taught me a valuable lesson. I thought that I had lost something actually someone... a really good friend. and I hated the idea of that. Today that person came back to me... in a sense and well... I'm just so happy! ... I guess with Gods will ... and a little patience .. everything has it's way of working out!...

I have also learned patience in my day to day life is needed more. I am a bit of a hot head. I get mad or act with out really thinking it through. just thinking about my hurt or my feelings of fairness that I lose sight of whats important. I need to be more open hearted and have more love. I'm ready to go face the world with my new attitude! I just pray that I can hold on to this lesson and grow!

xo
Juls

PS- I want to leave with a poem...

The art of losing isn't hard to master;
so many things seem filled with the intent
to be lost that their loss is no disaster,

Lose something every day. Accept the fluster
of lost door keys, the hour badly spent.
The art of losing isn't hard to master.

Then practice losing farther, losing faster:
places, and names, and where it was you meant
to travel. None of these will bring disaster.

I lost my mother's watch. And look! my last, or
next-to-last, of three beloved houses went.
The art of losing isn't hard to master.

I lost two cities, lovely ones. And, vaster,
some realms I owned, two rivers, a continent.
I miss them, but it wasn't a disaster.

-- Even losing you (the joking voice, a gesture
I love) I shan't have lied. It's evident
the art of losing's not too hard to master
though it may look like (Write it!) a disaster.

-Elizabeth Bishop



In the movie "In Her Shoes" she reads this poem and says it's not about losing a guy or someone you are in a relationship with its about losing more. Its about losing a friend. I have lost too many good friends in my day very very different reasons. I have even written of some I believe but those of you who have ever lost and then found a really good friend you know exactlly what I mean!

No comments:

Post a Comment