Monday, October 25, 2010

Standing in the Fire vs. out

If you have never heard the song Standing outside the fire listen to it here before you read my blog.

I have a good friend who is going through something simular to things I have gone through. However, I think her situation is maybe even harder because I am use to dancing in the flames and she is an out side the fire kind of girl. I think there is something to be said for each of these types of people. I think that those who do live outside the fire find it better that way. They see that less heartbreak is easier and I agree to some extent. I however suppose that being crushed to a point that is unbearable is perhaps better than never at all. I think that falling in love over and over is a part of life. It sucks, it's hard and it can break you like you have never been broken. but I also believe in opposition. I believe that in order to experience GREAT LOVE you have to first experience GREAT HEARTACHE !! ... I truly believe that had I not gone through the many heartbreaks then there would be no room in my heart to truly love the man that I will someday love. I think falling in love and loosing love is a process of stretching your heart out like a pair of shoes. The more stretching the more room for a stronger, deeper, bigger more amazing love than those who never get burned before settling down. To my broken hearted friend I want to say to hold on. Some day you will find a love that will not only fill the hole in your heart but will stretch it far beyond and you will feel more for that person than you do now feel from the one who has gotten away from you.

I read this quote today (below).. I think it applies to all things in life not just love, just like with the song standing outside the fire. For me I dare to stand in the middle of the fire for love, friendship, work, school all things that matter I take risks and I believe I'm a better person for it:-)

"As we grow up, we learn that even the one person that wasn't supposed to ever let us down, probably will. You'll have your heart broken and you'll break others' hearts. You'll fight with your best friend or maybe even fall in love with them, and you'll cry because time is flying by. So take too many pictures, laugh too much, forgive freely, and love like you've never been hurt. Life comes with no guarantees, no time outs, no second chances. you just have to live life to the fullest, tell someone what they mean to you and tell someone off, speak out, dance in the pouring rain, hold someone's hand, comfort a friend, fall asleep watching the sun come up, stay up late, be a flirt, and smile until your face hurts. Don't be afraid to take chances or fall in love and most of all, live in the moment because every second you spend angry or upset is a second of happiness you can never get back."
-unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment