Friday, May 6, 2011

Don't look back

I had a very interesting conversation with an old friend last night about leaving the past where it belongs. I truly believe in not picking at old scabs.. it prevents them from healing properly... and leaves scars... So as I set out to face my day today... I can't help but recall Lots wife in Genesis 19 ... The Lord had Lot leave the city... he makes it clear that they must go far outside the city, he also tells them to not look back.

I have a friend that was hard core into doing drugs... She got pregnant and quit. I was very proud of her but her problem became that she stayed right outside the city walls. She didn't run as far away as she could. She stayed friends with her old drug dealing friends and eventually found herself using again. If they would of dwelt close to the city it may be tempting to run back in the middle of the destruction because you would want to save your friends.. Or because everything you knew was no longer there.

Then we have the example of looking back. Lots wife is one of my favorite lessons. I can't tell you the number of times I have left something in my life yet looked back... It has lead to personal destruction too many times... I have recently decided to bury a sword in the earth (read like 3 blogs ago) and I know looking bhttp://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gifack will only make me regret my choice so I move forward. For the first time I'm able to actually get over something with out needing closure or with out picking at every corner of the scab.

To my friend, I think that there is a lot of things that we could pick at but it will never resolve a thing. I have adapted my never look back attitude and I hope you will join me.

I have included a song, as always ... look up the lyrics if you can't understand what they are saying the recording is kinda old!
Don't look back by Boston

No comments:

Post a Comment